Planning Tools Menu
On-the-day Wedding Tips 42665 views
As a wedding photographer I attend more weddings each year than most people, and as a result I have learned so many simple things that will help your day run smoothly. These tips are just little things that I have discovered along the way that you might find useful:
• When you're having your hair styled on your wedding day, wear a shirt. Many brides wear a t-shirt, then struggle to get it over their newly coiffeured head. If you wear a shirt it can be unbuttoned and will not damage your hairdo.
• If you have a dress that goes over your head, get a pillow case or a silk underskirt to put over your head first. This way your dress will slide on more easily with damaging hair or getting any make-up on it.
• Remove labels on the underside of shoes – this is a very fiddly and time-consuming job that is best sorted in advance of your wedding day.
• If your dress has laces or buttons, ask a friend to come and help you dress. Often a bridesmaid or family member will be there for bridal preparations, but it is likely that they may also have false nails for the occasion. If you have a friend present who isn’t in the bridal party they will be able to help the bride to get dressed.
• Dress the bride first. Lots of people dress the bride last so everyone is ready to help, but if plans start to run behind it will be the bride who is in a rush to get dressed. If you dress the bride first she can get ready at her own pace, feel relaxed and have time to make any adjustments to her dress for maximum comfort. It is not the bride’s job to dress the bridesmaids or any children – make sure you have plenty of helpers to do this so that she can enjoy her wedding day.
Gentlemen – you need to plan ahead!
• This may seem obvious, but remember your socks! Far too many grooms get married without socks and it can sometimes be seen on photographs.
• If you usually have your head shaven don’t do it on the day of your wedding or you will look bald or shiny on photographs. Have your head shaved at least one week prior to your wedding to allow time for some of it to grow back.
• As with the ladies – if you have new shoes then take the labels off the sole before your wedding day.
• Your buttonhole is traditionally worn on your left lapel – whichever side you prefer, ensure that you and your ushers all wear their buttonholes on the same side.
The most important thing for both bride and groom is to forget about everybody else on the day and enjoy your wedding day! The planning is complete and it’s time to have a great day. Whatever happens you need to take it in your stride – don’t dwell on minor mishaps, but laugh at them and enjoy yourself. Never lose sight of the reason you are there – to become husband and wife.
Photographer Vicki offers a friendly approach and tailors her service to your requirements. She prides herself in having the highest standards of customer service and providing the best-quality albums available. She is happy travel throughout Yorkshire or further afield if required, including weddings overseas. Visit Vicki on her website.
Posted in category: SEO-Wedding-Planning