Planning Tools Menu
My Seating Planner 2420 views
- What is My Seating Planner?
- Main features
- How to create a room plan
- Switching between views
- Configuring your guest list
What is My Seating Planner?
My Seating Planner is an easy-to-use tool to organise where your guests are going to sit. You can also make a room plan, setting out the size, shape and position of each table.
- Easy drag-and-drop interface for simple use
- Option to view full screen so that you can clearly see your plan
- Multiple views for each plan (eg. you can switch between "Male/Female" view and "Bride's-Side/Groom's-Side with a single click). We even have a "MatchMaker" view so that you can seat your single friends next to each other
- Create multiple drafts so that you can compare different seating layouts
- Guests can be dragged into the room and left standing - this allows you to decide which groups of people you would like to be seated next to each other before deciding exact seats for them
- Tables can be individually named to match your table planner and tables on the day
- Guests are automatically added to My Seating Planner when they RSVP via your WeddingPath website. Alternatively, they can be entered and edited manually
How to create a room plan
Click on a table or guest from the left hand pane and drag that item into the room. If you drag a guest onto an empty seat on a table, they will appear in green as being seated.
In the example above, when your mouse is moved over to Top Cat's friend, Benny The Ball, the red icon next to his name tells us that he is not yet seated. If you haven't yet decided where Benny should sit but know that he needs to sit next to Officer Dibble and Fancy-Fancy, then just leave Benny standing next to them until you have created the right table layouts for these guests to be seated.
Benny is now shown standing in the top right of the room. At a later stage when table layouts are finalised, you may wish to drag all three guests into available seats on the "Dog Street" table:
In the above example, these guests have been seated at the table, and we have changed views (to see who is bride's side and groom's side) - the Dog Street table is starting to look interesting!
Switching between views
Click one of the two arrow buttons shown to the right of our guests are...
Click the > button to switch between views and the >> button to view more information about each guest. The best way to understand this is just to play with the application!
Configuring your guest list
Next to the seating planner tab shown in pink below the planning tools, there is a view/add/edit guests link. Click this to take you to a page where you can configure your guests.
Guest information is automatically fed into this page as guests RSVP from your WeddingPath site. Otherwise, you can add and change guests' information by clicking on a row to bring up the Edit Guest box as below
Posted in category: Site Help